Roaming around the island of Kauai was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.
This island has soul.
Here’s a few images and recommendations to get your heart racing.
-Tiki Tacos in Kapa’a
-Java Kai in Kapa’a
-The Dolphin (sushi) in Hanalei
-Roadside food stands. Every. Single. One.
– Hike the Awa’awapuhi Trail to the end and let it make your heart explode
– Visit Waimea Canyon at sunset
– Hike in to Queen’s Bath but watch out for dangerous swells in the winter
– Find any of the secret beaches on the island – just respect the locals and blend in
– Tour the Na’pali Coast by raft (yes, raft). The sea caves, whale watching, and massive waves are pure adventure